Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture - Devin 2-piece Home Grooming Set - Demat Comb and Mat Breaker (Specifically for Dematting)
Alfie Pet by Petoga Couture - Devin 2-piece Home Grooming Set - Demat Comb and Mat Breaker (Specifically for Dematting) by Alfie at Annie's Dog Spa. MPN: EG-DevinDemat2pcSet. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Why grooming? Grooming is a serious part of your pet's health. Brushing and combing help to remove dead hair and dirt and prevent matting. Pets who
Grooming is a serious part of your pet's health. Brushing and combing help to remove dead hair and dirt and prevent matting. Pets who are regularly groomed incline to have a healthier and shinier coat because it stimulates the blood supply to the skin. Grooming your pet can also be a nice way to bond with your pet, and it's important to get him used to it from an early age. Many pets learn to see their routine brushing as an alternate petting, another source of affection and attention. A good quality brush and comb will help you with your pet's coat, but also remember that your pet's eyes, ears, and nails require attention as well.
How often to brush your pet?
Ideally you want to brush your pet every day to start. This will get him used to being groomed so you can avoid brushing-related behavior problems in the future. How often you brush your pet after he's used to it will depend on the length of his coat. You can stick with once a day, but most short-haired pets only need to be brushed once a week. Pets with thick coats will need to be brushed two or three times a week, more often during the beginning of spring and fall when shedding is the worst. pets with long hair will likely require daily grooming to avoid tangles or mats. If you fit pet brushing into your daily routine, you'll keep your pet's coat clean and healthy and build his trust in you.
How to groom?
First, brush the coat to loosen mats. Split the mat into sections and place the comb under the mat with the dull side against your pet's skin. Place your fingers between the comb and the skin to prevent pulling of the skin. Slowly move the comb through the mat with a saw like action to cut through the mat. Comb through the coat to collect all loose and dead hair. It is recommended to demat before bathing as water will tighten the mat.
Features & Highlights
- This Demat trimmer comb set includes 7" Demat Comb, 6.75" Mat Breaker and a Microfiber Fast-Dry Towel. Product comes with Alfie Signature zip-lock storage bag for convenience and protection for years to come.
- The dematting rake removes matted and tangled hair in long-haired dogs without loss of hair length. Use to remove uncomfortable hair mats from behind your dog's ears, between his back legs, beneath his front legs, under his collar, and more.
- The Mat Breaker gives a quickly and easily remove loose hair, mats and tangles with minimal cutting. Great for shaping, finishing, thinning and de-shedding. Be sure to brush your dog before bathing, as water can tighten any existing mats.
- Alfie Microfiber Fast-Dry Pet Drying Towel is made of a specially designed, ultra-tightly woven material, known for its excellent absorption and ultra-fast drying speed. Measures 28" x 18" - hand towel size. Absorb up to eight times its own weight in water, quickly allowing you to dry your pet much faster than traditional cotton towels.
- Gel grip handle for maximum control and extremely comfortable to work with. Keep your hand in a natural position to prevent fatigue and repetitive motion injury.
|Item Weight:||0.6 pounds|
|Item Size:||8 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||8 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|